Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Breaks Records


I don't know about you guys, but I went to see the midnight showing of the 6th installment of Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. And I helped it break the record for the highest grossing midnight opening movie of all time!

Not even 24 hours have passed since its opening, and the Half-Blood Prince has already taken in $20 million!!!!! It now surpasses the midnight sales of 2nd place The Dark Knight, which took in $18 million, and 3rd place Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, with $17 million.

I've always been a little disappointed in the movie adaptations, so I had low expectations going into the movie. But I was pleasantly surprised by David Yates' direction, and I think this might be my favorite of the film series thus far. Be forewarned that this one spends much more time on the lives of teenagers than in any of the other movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment