The coworkers gift exchange went beautifully. The homemade concoction I made turned out wonderfully - everyone liked them! Success for once (: So I thought I'd share what I made.
Roasted Sweet & Spicy Almonds - adapted from The Comfort Of Cooking
Image borrowed from The Comfort Of Cooking.
1 egg white
1 tbsp cold water
2 cups whole almonds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tbsp cayenne pepper
(1/2 tbsp salt)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Either line a baking pan with aluminum foil or butter the pan to prevent sticking.
3. Whisk the egg white until frothy, but no peaks.
4. Add in the cold water and mix.
5. Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Add to taste. Optional: salt. I didn't because everyone was already ordering food high in sodium that day at work.
6. Toss the almonds with the egg whites/water mixture.
7. Coat with the sugar/cinnamon/cayenne pepper(/salt).
8. Spread evenly on the baking pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
9. Let cool & enjoy!